Sunday, November 25, 2012

Chemoradiotherapy Side Effects - Lifting it to You Lord

Thank God for these days.. Hubby will start his treatment next month and he shared it to me what the doctor said about the side effects of the therapy. I started to get worry knowing the side effects and that he might wear a bag for life and we can't have a baby no more. I was thinking of the results of the treatment but I told my hubby its okay as long as You will be okay and free from that disease. Lord, you know how started to worry and worried but I know Lord nothing is impossible to You. I am lifting it to You Lord, the most important for now is the healing of my hubby and You know that Father. Thank you so much for everything. 



Chemoradiotherapy side effects

Having chemotherapy and radiotherapy together can make the side effects of the treatments worse. The combined treatment may make you feel very tired. You may also have diarrhoea, feel sick, and have a low resistance to infection. The radiotherapy may make you feel that you need to pass urine more often and can cause very sore skin in the treatment area.


Abdominoperineal resection (APR) has long been considered to be the standard operation for lower rectal tumors with a distal edge up to 6 cm from the anal verge. However, despite providing excellent local control and survival, the APR entails a permanent colostomy and a high incidence of sexual and urinary dysfunction. (See "Overview of surgical procedures for resectable primary rectal cancer", section on 'Abdominal perineal resection'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment