Sunday, November 4, 2012

Miracle Story - This is What I need Lord. Thank You


Stories of Faith Ed Moritz

As you know, last June I was diagnosed with inoperable terminal Cholangiocarcinoma or liver bile duct cancer with a prognosis of only four to six months. From that day I prayed for the intercession of Servant of God Father Patrick Peyton, C.S.C., whom I was blessed to have met at Holy Cross Fathers Seminary, North Easton, Massachusetts in about1966, at the end of my daily Rosary with the intention, as in the Agony in the Garden, that, if it be God's will, that this cup pass from me. I commenced chemotherapy in October 2010 at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in October 2010 with the hope that it might improve the quality of my remaining life. In January 2011 a CAT Scan revealed that the tumor was no larger than it had been in October. I continued to pray for the intercession of Father Peyton in my daily Rosary grateful that I was still alive and with my family.

In April 2011 the Oncologist said that "absent the miraculous, the tumor was no longer visible as on the CAT Scans from three and six months earlier." He said that the tumor was of a size below the resolution of the CAT Scan to detect. He was reluctant to declare a cure or even a remission at this stage, so he ordered monthly blood tests to detect the cancer tumor marker but neither the April nor May tests have detected the presence of a tumor.

I pray that my July CAT Scan will confirm the absence of cancer and thank God and all who have prayed for me, especially Father Peyton, for the grace I have been afforded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment